Traditional Chinese Style Steamed Fish.
You can cook Traditional Chinese Style Steamed Fish using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Traditional Chinese Style Steamed Fish
- Prepare of Freshly Killed Fish.
- Prepare of Ginger.
- It’s of Chives.
- It’s of Light soya sauce/fish soya sauce.
- You need of Oil.
Traditional Chinese Style Steamed Fish step by step
- This fish was killed on the day. Before cooking clean out the stomach, if u see blood clots etc take them out as much as possible. Its a MUST or its gonna taste very fishy. Use a knife to scrape out all the scales on the fish, watch out mostly on the end of tails, stomach n neck area. Its messy but need to be clean well or u will be having scales in your food. Rinse well afterwards n pat dry..
- Some ginger cut in shreds, some in slices. Chives in thin shreds..
- Looking at the fish eyes can tell the freshness. Picks ones that blings 😂 pop those slice of ginger in the stomach area, some shreds under the fish, and on top before steaming. We usually eat them right after its been cooked, never cooked in advance. So just prep them earlier, wrap it up n place in fridge until meal time..
- Get a pan, boiling water with tray, place fish in for 11 mins, cover lid. The fish im having is around 20cm long which takes around 11mins if bigger ones like 25~30cm takes 13~15mins. If the fish is big and fat carve 2 to 3 scars on its body (4cm deep) each sides to make it cook evenly. Timing must be precise or its gonna be overcooked or undercook. After steaming drain out half the water from the plate, place chives on top then pour 50ml soya sauce..
- This part is a MUST get a pot with oil and heat it for 3 mins, around 2 spoonful. Carefully and quickly pour the oil on top of the fish evenly. The oil will sizzle while pouring if not which means not hot enough. This will make the fish more silky..
- Served Hot! Done!.