Chinese Orange Chicken.
You can have Chinese Orange Chicken using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chinese Orange Chicken
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of boneless, skinless, chicken breast, cut into bite size.
- Prepare 1 cup of cornstarch ( less 2 tbsp for the sauce).
- It’s 2 each of large eggs, beaten.
- It’s 1 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of sesame seeds.
- Prepare 1 of green onion, thinly slice.
- Prepare of Marinade.
- Prepare 1 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of distilled white vinegar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of orange zest.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sriracha.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of white pepper.
Chinese Orange Chicken instructions
- To make the marinade, whisk together chicken broth, orange juice, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, orange zest, Sriracha, ginger and white pepper in a large bowl..
- In a gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine chicken and 2/3 cup of the marinade; marinate for at least 30 minutes, turning the bag occasionally. Drain the chicken from the marinade, discarding the marinade..
- Heat remaining marinade in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and stir in 2 tablespoons cornstarch combined with 2 tablespoons water. Cook, stirring frequently, until thickened about 1-2 minutes; keep warm..
- Working one at a time, dip the chicken into the eggs, then dredge in remaining 1 cup cornstarch, pressing to coat..
- Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan. Working in batches, add chicken and fry until golden brown and cooked through, about 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; discard excess oil..
- Serve chicken immediately, tossed or drizzled with the marinade, garnished with sesame seeds and green onion, if desired..