“Chicken Karaage” Japanese Deep Fried Chicken Basic Recipe of “Washoku”.
You can have “Chicken Karaage” Japanese Deep Fried Chicken Basic Recipe of “Washoku” using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of “Chicken Karaage” Japanese Deep Fried Chicken Basic Recipe of “Washoku”
- You need of Chicken thigh.
- You need of < Ginger sauce >.
- Prepare of Ginger.
- It’s of Garlic.
- Prepare of Sake.
- It’s of Soy sauce.
- Prepare of < Other ingredients >.
- You need of Egg.
- Prepare of Sesame oil.
- You need of Little Black pepper.
- You need of Baking powder.
- Prepare of Corn starch.
“Chicken Karaage” Japanese Deep Fried Chicken Basic Recipe of “Washoku” instructions
- Prepare 1kg of chicken thigh, cut about 35g for each pieces. If it has skin and bones that should take off those and try to cut meat to an even thickness..
- Put 100cc “ginger sauce” for 1 kg chicken in container, keep overnight in fridge. Next day, transfer chicken and liquid to a big bowl, add “other ingredients” into a bowl and mix well. I would recommend that corn starch need to put in the end. The reason why is easy to mix up well..
- Deep fry the chicken in 160℃ only 1 min, then remove it from oil and keep it 3 min in room temperatures. After finish 1st deep fry, heat the oil to get 200℃ when the sign is going to quiet from the oil which means reaching 200℃. Put the chicken back into oil and 2nd deep fry until crispy on outside. Done !!.
- < Ginger sauce > It's very simple recipe ! Peel skin off garlic and ginger, put those into a blender with sake and make a juice. Put it into a container with other all ingredients. Mix well until the sugar dissolves. (For 2kg chicken) 100cc soy sauce, 50 cc sake, 15g sugar, 18g ginger, 15g garlic..
- This sauce is very convenient and helping your cooking plus it can be keep long term storage. For example, grilled steak, pan fried pork, steamed fish or veg, ground meat etc. Please enjoy this pro recipe !!.