Ura Maki-zushi (Inside-out Sushi Rolls).
You can have Ura Maki-zushi (Inside-out Sushi Rolls) using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ura Maki-zushi (Inside-out Sushi Rolls)
- It’s of Sushi Rice *Find my 'Sushi Rice' recipe at https://cookpad.com/uk/recipes/1467168-sushi-rice.
- It’s of Nori (Seaweed Sheets).
- You need of
- You need of Cucumber & Wasabi.
- You need of Carrot (cooked in salted water).
- You need of Avocado.
- Prepare of Canned Tuna and Japanese Mayonnaise.
- It’s of Omelette.
- Prepare of Boiled Prawns.
- It’s of Takuan (Japanese Pickled Daikon).
- Prepare of Unagi Kabayaki (Grilled & Seasoned Eel).
- You need of Ham.
- You need of Radish Sprouts.
- It’s of Smoked Salmon.
- You need of Fresh Sashimi.
- Prepare of Chicken Teriyaki.
- You need of Today I used Carrot, Cucumber, Omelette and Kanpyō.
Ura Maki-zushi (Inside-out Sushi Rolls) instructions
- Place a sheet of Nori on Makisu (bamboo mat). Spread out cooled Sushi Rice on the Nori sheet evenly. You may wish to sprinkle with some Toasted Sesame Seeds or finely chopped herbs over the rice..
- Place a sheet of plastic food wrap on the Sushi Rice and gently press down. Flip over so that Nori is facing upward, and place on the Makisu (bamboo mat)..
- Place some filling on the Nori, then start to roll. Lift the nearest end of Makisu and fold over the filling, and roll tightly forward to the end, peeling off the plastic food wrap from the rice. Tightly wrap the sushi roll with the plastic food wrap..
- Cut the sushi roll wrapped in the plastic food wrap with a sharp knife into bite sized pieces. The knife becomes very sticky, so you need to wipe it frequently with a wet cloth or paper towel. *Tips: Slightly wet the knife makes cutting a lot easier..
- Remove the plastic wrap from sushi pieces, and arrange them on a serving plate..
- It is much easier to make thin Maki-zushi rolls than thick ones. To do this, you may have to cut your Nori sheets in half, and use one filling for each roll..