Meat Loaf. The best meat loaf I have ever found. Try it and you will see. In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, onion, milk and bread OR cracker crumbs.
In large bowl, mix Meatloaf ingredients well. Don't mash or the meat loaf will be dense. Shape the mixture into a rectangular loaf on a sheet pan covered with parchment paper. You can cook Meat Loaf using 16 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Meat Loaf
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 lb of ground pork.
- Prepare 2 of whole eggs and 1 egg yolk.
- You need 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 clove of minced garlic.
- You need 1 cup of ketchup.
- It’s 2 tsp of mustard.
- It’s 1 medium of onion minced.
- You need 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 2/3 cup of cracker crumbs.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of milk.
- It’s 2 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1/2 tsp of basil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of hot sauce.
Spread the ketchup evenly on top. He is noted for his powerful, wide-ranging voice and theatrical live shows. While milk is a popular ingredient in meat loaf, you can use other liquids such as vegetable juice or broth, or even finely chopped mushrooms, which release a great deal of moisture. The milk or other liquid binds with the bread crumbs and eggs to create meat loaf's familiar, sliceable, homey texture.
Meat Loaf instructions
- Sauté onion with vegtable oil.
- Add garlic, cook for 30 seconds.
- Set aside and cool.
- Mix cracker crumbs and milk.
- Add hamburger and pork to milk mixture..
- Add onion, worcester sauce, mustard, eggs, basil, salt and pepper to mixture. Mix well.
- Spray foil lined pan with cooking spray..
- Add meat mixture to pan..
- In small pot add ketchup, brown sugar and hot sauce..
- Mix well until sugar is dissolved. Cook cor additional 5 minutes.
- Place meat under broiler for 5 minutes.
- Baste meat with sauce and return to broiler for 2 more minutes. Repeat basting 3 more times.
- Bake in oven for 45 minutes at 350°. Baste with remaining sauce every 15 minutes..
Meatloaf is so much more than a giant hunk of ground beef in a loaf shape. It should ooze with flavour, be moist and tender yet not crumble apart when sliced. And the caramelised glaze is the crowning glory! The best meat for meat loaf is any ground meat with a higher fat content. You can do a trio of beef, pork, and veal or stick with ground chuck.