Chinese Peppersteak #4.
You can have Chinese Peppersteak #4 using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chinese Peppersteak #4
- Prepare 1 lb of rump roast-shaved thin like lunch meat (ask your local butcher).
- You need 1 of red pepper cut into thin strips.
- It’s 1 of green pepper cut ino thin strips.
- Prepare 1/2 large of sweet onion.
- You need 2 of green onions-chopped.
- You need 4 clove of garlic-finely minced.
- It’s 3 tbsp of fresh minced ginger.
- Prepare 2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sesame seeds.
- It’s 1 of -10 1/2 oz can beef consomme.
- It’s 3 tbsp of cornstarch.
- It’s 1 cup of soy sauce (3/4 c. for marinade, 1/4 c. for dish).
- You need 1 cup of oyster sauce (3/4 c. for marinade, 1/4 c. for dish).
- You need 1/4 cup of honey.
Chinese Peppersteak #4 instructions
- Marinate the meat in a plastic ziplock bag with 3/4 c. soy sauce and 3/4 c. oyster sauce for 30 to 45 minutes..
- In a large pan or wok, heat 1 tbsp oil on high heat. Add ginger and garlic. Saute for 3 to 4 minutes until garlic is golden brown..
- Add marinated beef. Let the beef sear on one side for at least a minute before stirring to seal in the juices. Once browned on one side, stir beef until it begins to brown. Then, still on high heat, cover pan/wok for 5 minutes..
- While beef is cooking, mix beef consomme and cornstarch until well combined..
- After 5 minutes remove lid and stir beef. Add green onions, onions and peppers. Mix well. Stir for about 4 minutes and then add consomme/cornstarch mixture. Stir well..
- Add soy sauce, oyster sauce and honey to the dish. Stir until sauce thickens and peppers are cooked but still a bit crispy about 5 minutes..
- Once thickened add sesame seeds and mix well. Serve warm over steamed rice. Enjoy!.