Bothok Tempe (Spiced Tempe).
You can cook Bothok Tempe (Spiced Tempe) using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bothok Tempe (Spiced Tempe)
- You need 225 grams (1 pack) of tempe, cut in small cubes.
- It’s 50 grams of huajes (found in Mexican store) ➡ optional (Indonesian : petai cina).
- Prepare 100 grams of frozen grated coconut (found in Asian store in freezer section).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- You need 100 grams of small dried anchovy.
- Prepare 3 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 2 of fresno chilies, seeded and thinly sliced.
- You need 75 ml of coconut milk.
- You need of Banana leaves (optional).
- You need of Grind the following into spice paste :.
- You need 3 of shallots (use 6 if the shallot is small).
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 2 of fresno chilies.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground coriander.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground kaempferia galanga (Indonesian : kencur).
Bothok Tempe (Spiced Tempe) step by step
- Heat two tablespoons oil in a pan. Saute the spice paste until fragrant..
- Turn the heat off, place the spice in a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients into the bowl. Mix them up..
- Put the tempe mixture in a heat resistant baking dish lined with banana leaves (or wax paper). Cover it with banana leaves (to avoid water drips from the steamer lid)..
- Put the baking dish in a steamer (make sure the water in the steamer is boiling). Steam for 25 minutes..
- Serve with rice..