Hot and Spicy Meatloaf. In a large bowl, combine eggs, salsa and bread crumbs. Crumble beef and sausage over mixture and mix well. Say hello to traditional meatloaf's sassy cousin, Bold & Spicy Meatloaf!
Form meat mixture into a oval shaped loaf. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, eggs, seasoned salt, pepper, basil, thyme, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce. Add bread soaked in milk and cooled onions and peppers. You can have Hot and Spicy Meatloaf using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hot and Spicy Meatloaf
- Prepare of loaf For the.
- You need 1 kg of beef mince.
- You need 1/4 cup of tomato sauce.
- You need 1 of large brown onion (finely diced).
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic (diced).
- It’s 1/2 cup of fresh Parsley (chopped).
- It’s 1 cup of breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 4 of small hot chilli's (or to taste).
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of Cayenne powder.
- It’s 2 of tbps Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of hot mustard.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 loaf of baking tin or disposable similar.
- Prepare of For the glaze.
- Prepare of Juice of 1/2 a lemon.
- You need 1/4 cup of your favourite hot sauce.
Gently mix everything until evenly combined, being careful not to overmix. Transfer mixture to prepared pan and gently pat it down so that it is even along the top. In a small bowl, combine chili sauce, dark brown sugar, Worcestershire, and stir to blend. Pour chili sauce mixture over meatloaf and spread to coat evenly.
Hot and Spicy Meatloaf instructions
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius..
- Dice your onion, garlic chilli's and parsley. Mix them in a large bowl and add breadcrumbs. Hand-Mix well to coat breadcrumns.
- Add you beef mince, mix well. Add in your cayenne (add more if desired), salt generously. Add on your Worcestershire mustard and tomato sauce. Add eggs last and mix very well..
- If you have a loaf tin, grease it up with some butter/oil. If not grab a small/deep disposable baking tray from your supermarket..
- Spoon mixture into your tin, creating a 'loaf' shape..
- Mix your lemon juice and favourite chilli sauce together. Coat top of loaf (with 1/2 of mixture) and put on oven..
- Bake for 30mins. Take out and re-base with the rest of your mixture (this will help keep it from going dry). Bake for further 30mins..
- Take out of oven, sliced and serve (by itself or with boiled vegetables, if desired) Depending on your spice level, it might be wise to have some yoghurt handy!.
Remove form the oven and allow to cool before slicing. For the spicy ketchup sauce: Add the ketchup, vinegar and hot chili sauce to a bowl and stir. The combination of hot Italian sausage and a generous dose of red pepper flakes resulted in a spicy meatloaf that, for me, was too overpowering. But Chrissy gets bonus points for sneaking in a whole lot of vegetables inside without it tasting like a veggie loaf. Add salt and pepper to the meatloaf mix as needed.