Rice congee with mince turkey balls #chinesecooking. Congee or conjee (/ˈkɒndʒi/) is a type of rice porridge or gruel eaten in Asian countries. The word 'congee' itself is a derivation of the Tamil word கஞ்சி (IPA: /ˈkəɲdʑiː/) or kanji. Congee is Chinese rice porridge, which can be served plain, sweet, or savory.
Congee or jook is a staple in China. Instead of making a separate stock, just use a turkey wing or drumstick here to flavor the broth. Serve with bowls of condiments on the side–chopped cilantro, minced green onion, or peanuts. soy sauce, and any hot chili sauce. You can cook Rice congee with mince turkey balls #chinesecooking using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rice congee with mince turkey balls #chinesecooking
- It’s 2 cup of leftover cooked rice.
- Prepare 4 cups of chicken stock, vegetable stock, or water.
- It’s of For mince turkey balls – 1 small pack of mince turkey.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fish sauce.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic (grated).
- You need 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need of Ground white pepper.
- It’s of For optional garnishes.
- You need of Thinly sliced green onions, Fried garlic,.
- It’s of Fried vermicelli noodle, Red chilli.
Warm in the microwave or on the stovetop, and stir in a little extra cooking liquid to loosen it up. This is my dad's special turkey congee. 米粥 He makes this congee a few days after Thanksgiving Turkey Dinner. This is a tradition in our home. Turkey Brown Rice Congee is a wonderful way to use a leftover turkey carcass.
Rice congee with mince turkey balls #chinesecooking instructions
- 1. Combine the rice and water on stock and stock cube together in the saucepan..
- 2. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and partially cover with lid for about 15-20 min. Occasionally stir..
- 3. While rice is cooking, mix the mince turkey with grated garlic, soy sauce, fish sauce and ground pepper. Form them into small balls..
- 4. Place the mince balls into the rice saucepan. Gently stir and add some more water if the rice look a bit dry out..
- 5. Season with soy sauce, fish sauce. Taste and add more sauce if prefer..
- 6. Place into a bowl garnish with fried garlic, fried vermicelli noodle and chilli if you prefer.
- 7. Fried garlic- crushed and finely chop 4/5 cloves of garlic. 2-3 tbsp of oil in the small pan or saucepan and fry until golden brown.
- 8. Fried vermicelli noodle- crushed dry vermicelli noodle to small pieces about a couple of handful. 1 cup of cooking oil in the small pan or saucepan and small amount at time fry noodle until golden brown..
Turkey congee is a tradition in many Chinese American households after Thanksgiving. Congee, also called “shi fan” in the Mandarin dialect or “jook” in the Cantonese dialect. Congee is rice cooked with large amounts of water or chicken stock. It is good for convalescents, as it is meant for a · Turkey congee is the ultimate comfort food, typically served the morning after Thanksgiving. The base is turkey broth made with the leftover turkey.