Authentic Thai Fried Rice.
You can cook Authentic Thai Fried Rice using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Authentic Thai Fried Rice
- Prepare 8 ounces of chicken cut in 1/2-inch cubes.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of canola or vegetable oil.
- Prepare 4 cups of cooked rice, preferably Thai jasmine rice that has been prepared 24 hours in advance.
- It’s 2-3 of Thai chiles, sliced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Thai fish sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of lime juice.
- It’s 4 of eggs, beaten and seasoned with salt and pepper.
- You need 3-4 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1 bunch of scallions, both white and green parts, chopped.
- It’s 1 of shallot, chopped.
- It’s 1 of white onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 of tomato, chopped.
- Prepare 5 of Kaffire lime leaves.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro.
- It’s Pinch of sugar (if needed).
- It’s of Fresh lime slice (optional).
Authentic Thai Fried Rice instructions
- Heat a large wok or large, heavy nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until a drop of water evaporates upon contact..
- Add the oil and swirl, then add the chicken. Stir-fry until lightly colored, about two minutes..
- Add the garlic, shallots, and onion and stir-fry until golden, about 30 seconds..
- Pour in the beaten egg. Stir-fry until scrambled, then add the rice..
- Cook the rice — scooping it up and pressing it into the pan, then scooping it up again — for about two minutes..
- Add the Thai chiles, fish sauce, oyster sauce, lemon juice, basil, tomato and scallions. Stir together for about a half-minute..
- Serve, garnishing each plate with cilantro and a squirt of lime..