Quinoa fried rice.
You can cook Quinoa fried rice using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Quinoa fried rice
- Prepare 1 cup of quinoa.
- You need 1 cup of carrots shredded.
- You need 1/2 cup of onion finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of garlic chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of chopped ginger.
- You need 1/2 cup of green peas cooked.
- It’s 1/2 cup of black beans cooked.
- It’s 2 tsps of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric powder(optional).
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper powder.
- Prepare 2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1/2 of lemon.
- Prepare 2 tbsps of olive oil.
Quinoa fried rice instructions
- Add 1 cup quinoa to 2 cups water with a drop of oil in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil..
- Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes..
- Drain the excess water..
- In a pan heat some olive oil..
- Saute garlic,onions and ginger with a tsp of salt..
- Add some turmeric powder and shredded carrots and saute well till they are almost cooked and onions turn light brown..
- Now add the black beans and green peas into this with some pepper..
- You can add some mixed spices according to your taste..
- Check salt in between..
- Once the veg mixture is cooked add the quinoa into this with a squeeze of half lemon and mix well..
- Serve hot !!.