You can cook Naan Bread using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Naan Bread
- It’s 2 1/2-3 C of Unbleached Flour, separate 1 C.
- It’s 2 Tsp of Dry Active Yeast.
- You need 1 Tsp of Sugar.
- You need 1/2 C of Warm Water.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1/4 C of Olive Oil.
- You need 1/3 C of Plain Yogurt.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 1/4-1/2 Cup of Melted Butter.
- Prepare A few of Tbsp. flat leaf Parsley 🌿.
Naan Bread step by step
- In a small bowl, combine Yeast, Warm water, and sugar. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Then whisk oil, yogurt and egg until well combined..
- In a separate medium bowl, combine 1 cup of the flour with salt..
- Next, pour the bowl of wet ingredients into the flour/salt mixture and stir until well combined. Continue adding flour, a half cup at a time, until you can no longer stir it with a spoon. (about 1-1 1/2 C flour).
- Now, put the ball of dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead the ball of dough for about 3 minutes, adding small amounts of flour as necessary to keep the dough from sticking. You'll end up using between 2.5 to 3 cups flour total.The dough should be smooth and very soft but not sticky. (Avoid adding excessive amounts of flour as you knead, as this can make the dough too dry and stiff.).
- Loosely cover the dough and let it rise until it doubles in size (about 1 hour). After it rises, gently flatten the dough into a disc and cut it into 8 equal pieces. Shape each piece into a small ball..
- Heat a large, heavy bottomed skillet over medium heat. Working with one ball at a time, roll it out until it is about 1/4 inch thick or approx. 6 inches in diameter. Place the rolled out dough onto the hot skillet and cook until the bottom is golden brown and large bubbles have formed on the surface..
- Flip the dough and cook the other side until golden brown as well. Stack the cooked flat bread on a plate and cover with a towel to keep warm as you cook the remaining pieces..
- When you serve it, brush melted butter on top and chopped Parsley..