NASU SOMEN (Simmered Eggplant and SOMEN noodle).
You can cook NASU SOMEN (Simmered Eggplant and SOMEN noodle) using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of NASU SOMEN (Simmered Eggplant and SOMEN noodle)
- Prepare 3 of egg plant (about 300g).
- Prepare 100 ml of (about3.4 oz) water.
- You need 3 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 3 tbsp of mirin.
- It’s 3 tbsp of sesame oil.
- You need 1 piece of ABURA-AGE fried TOFU.
- It’s 10 g of IRIKO dried sardines (or NIBOSHI).
- It’s 4 bundles of somen noodle.
- It’s 150 of ml(about 5 oz) MENTSUYU (see my MENTSUYU recipe).
- It’s 2 tsp of chopped green onion.
- Prepare 1 tsp of grated ginger roots.
- It’s of Chili pepper (only if you like).
NASU SOMEN (Simmered Eggplant and SOMEN noodle) step by step
- Cut the stem off from eggplant, cut in half lengthwise. (if it's big, cut the eggplant in quarter.) Make shallow cut in vertical. Soak the eggplants in water..
- Cut ABURA-AGE into 2 inch length rectangles..
- Put sesame oil in a medium pot, and warm the oil over low heat. Add IRIKO and cook, stirring constantly, until just fragrant..
- Dry the eggplants with a paper towel. Then, Add the Eggplant. Increase the heat to medium. Stir-fry the eggplant until it covered with oil..
- Add the water, soy sauce, sugar and MIRIN and ABURA-AGE. Simmer with the lid for about 15 minutes until eggplants are tender..
- Boil SOMEN in a large pot of water for 2 minutes. (Stirring constantly to keep the noodles separated.)Drain the noodles in a colander and cool under cold water.Drain well..
- Place SOMEN and MENTSUYU in a bowl, and pour the simmered eggplant and sauce. Garnish Green onion, grated ginger and chili pepper..
- You can eat this warm or cold. I usually cook and keep the Simmered eggplant in the refrigerator. And eat it next day..