Chicken Karaage with Japanese Potato Salad and Green Beans.
You can have Chicken Karaage with Japanese Potato Salad and Green Beans using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Karaage with Japanese Potato Salad and Green Beans
- Prepare 4 of chicken thigh fillets.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves.
- You need 24 ml of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 of shallot.
- You need 5 g of black sesame seeds.
- Prepare 1 of carrot.
- Prepare 1 of red chilli.
- You need 4 tbsp of cornflour.
- Prepare 52 ml of mayonnaise.
- You need 300 g of new potatoes.
- It’s 2 tbsp of rice vinegar.
- Prepare 15 g of fresh root ginger.
- Prepare 120 g of trimmed fine green beans.
- You need 1 tbsp of toasted sesame oil.
Chicken Karaage with Japanese Potato Salad and Green Beans step by step
- Boil a kettle. Peel and chop the potatoes and carrots into large bite-sized pieces. Add both the potatoes and carrots to a pot of boiled water with a pinch of salt, bring to the boil over a high heat and cook for 15-20 min or until fork-tender. Once tender, drain and leave to steam dry (reserve the pan)..
- Chop the green beans into bite-sized pieces. Cut the red chillies in half lengthways, deseed (scrape the seeds out with a teaspoon) and chop finely. Peel and chop (or grate) the garlic finely, then peel and slice the shallot finely. Peel and finely chop the ginger..
- Cut the chicken thigh fillets into thick strips..
- Add the chicken strips, chopped garlic, ginger, 2 soy sauce sachets and 1 tsp sugar to a medium bowl and give everything a good mix up. Add the cornflour and a pinch of salt to a second bowl. Transfer the chicken strips from the soy sauce to the cornflour. Give everything a good mix up so the chicken strips are fully coated in cornflour..
- Heat a large, wide-based pan with 4tbsp vegetable oil over a high heat. Once hot, add floured chicken and cook for 4 min on each side, or until nicely golden and crisp – this is your chicken karaage..
- Meanwhile, heat another pan with a matching lid over a medium-high heat. Once hot, add the chopped green beans with a splash of water and cook, covered, for 3 mins or until they're tender. Once tender, remove the lid and add the sesame oil, chopped chilli and remaining soy sauce and cook for 1-2 min further..
- Combine the mayonnaise and rice vinegar with a generous pinch of salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add the drained potatoes, carrots and shallot and give everything a good mixup, crushing the potatoes as you go – this is your Japanese potato salad..
- Serve the chicken karaage alongside the Japanese potato salad and green beens. Sprinkle the Japanese potato salad with the black sesame seeds. Enjoy!.