You can have Methi dal using 18 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Methi dal
- It’s of To pressure cook.
- You need 3/4 cup of toor dal.
- You need 1 pinch of asafoetida.
- You need 2-3 drops of castor oil (optional).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare of To sauté.
- It’s 1 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 of onion chopped.
- Prepare 3-4 of garlic pods.
- It’s 4-5 of curry leaves.
- Prepare 1 of red chilli.
- Prepare 1 of tomato chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of sambar powder.
- It’s of Salt as required.
- It’s 1 cup of Methi leaves (half of a bundle).
- Prepare of Coriander leaves to garnish.
Methi dal step by step
- Pressure cook toor dal with other ingredients.
- Heat a pan with oil. Temper with mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Add onion, garlic, red chilli and sauté until onion becomes soft. Add tomato and sauté until it becomes soft. Add sambar powder, salt and sauté until raw smell goes. Add methi leaves and sauté until it gets shrunken. Add toor dal. Let it boil for 5-10 mins..
- It’s ready to be served with rice, idli, dosa or roti..