Cabbage roll (dolma).
You can cook Cabbage roll (dolma) using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cabbage roll (dolma)
- Prepare 1 of whole cabbage.
- Prepare 1 cup of cooked rice.
- Prepare 1/2 kg of minced meat.
- You need 2 of medium carrots finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of red and 1 green bell peppers finely chopped.
- You need 1 of onion chopped, 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s of Spices(I used black pepper, curry, thyme, ginger, oregano).
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- Prepare 3 of seasoning cubes.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need of For the tomato sauce.
- Prepare 3 of tomatoes chopped.
- It’s 2 of red bell peppers, 1 scotch bonnet.
- It’s 1 of onion and 2 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 2 of seasoning cubes, a pinch of sugar.
- Prepare of Curry powder and thyme.
Cabbage roll (dolma) instructions
- Clean cabbage and peel off all dirty leaves. In a boiling water add salt, and the cabbage and allow to boil for 5 minutes, take it out and let it rest for another 5 minutes then peel off the leaves gently and keep aside. Trim the root leaves..
- In a bowl add minced beef, spices, carrots, green and red bell peppers, onion, garlic, tomato paste, egg and mix. Then add in the rice and mix again..
- Get a cabbage leaf and put a bit of the rice mixture and fold. Arrange in a pot tightly so that they fall apart. Make a basic tomato sauce and dilute it with water. Pour over the rolls and cook on low heat. Cook for about 35-45 minutes. Serve hot and garnish with parsley!.