Chinese style – Crispy Seaweed.
You can have Chinese style – Crispy Seaweed using 4 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chinese style – Crispy Seaweed
- It’s 1 of Dark green cabbage or bok choy.
- Prepare 3/4 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of cooking oil.
Chinese style – Crispy Seaweed instructions
- To create the effect of seaweed, cut the leaves of the cabbage into thin strips..
- Once all cut up, add the oil to a wock style frying and heat for 1 minute.
- Add the strips of cabbage to the hot oil on a medium heat and continuously flip the seaweed with the pan or the use of a utensil..
- Keep this up until the strips/seaweed have shunk and gotten darker in colour. You may want to sample to make sure the seaweed is crispy before you finish cooking..
- Once happy with it, transfer your seaweed onto thick kitchen paper towels to blot out any heavy oil then place into a medium sized bowl without the paper towels..
- Now, add the sugar evenly first mixing it around the seaweek with a spoon and do the same for the salt..
- After seasoning transfer onto your dinner plate to your presentation needs and your crispy seaweed is ready to eat..