Jeera rice. Super simple & quick recipes to make fluffy, non-sticky & flavorful jeera rice every time. This recipe for jeera rice (Indian steamed cumin rice) will never fail you! Jeera Rice or Cumin Rice is a very popular rice side dish in India.
Jeera rice is simple to make and goes well with all types of Indian curries. To prepare jeera rice on the stove, start by cooking cumin and other spices in butter or. Rice – Use long grain basmati rice to make Cumin Rice. You can cook Jeera rice using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Jeera rice
- You need 1 cup of Basmati rice.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of clarified butter or vegetable oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 3 of whole cloves.
- You need 1 of small piece cinnamon stick.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1 3/4 cups of boiling water.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of salt.
It has the best fragrance the grains are long and separate after cooker. Jeera Rice is an Indian style rice dish flavored with cumin. Jeera Rice is cumin flavoured rice along with some whole Indian herbs and spices, is a Usually, jeera rice is accompanied with the gravy based dish. Whenever we visit restaurants, generally order.
Jeera rice step by step
- In a pot heat the clarified butter or vegetable oil and add the cumin seeds, cloves and cinnamon. Some seed will start popping up, cook for a few seconds. Add the rice and fry it a beat until start turning a white color. Do not overdo it..
- Add water, bay leaf, salt and mix. Cover the rice; let it cook for 20 minutes at low heat. Turn off the heat and let it rest for 5 minutes. The rice will be nice and loose..
Jeera Rice is a delicious aromatic side dish that goes perfectly with many Indian and Pakistani recipes. Jeera rice is a very easy and versatile rice dish which is tempered with jeera (cumin seeds). It has a subtle taste which enchances the flavor of other main course dishes like Dal Makhani, Shahi Paneer. Learn how to make Jeera Rice, otherwise known as cumin rice, with this simple recipe that drains the water from the rice to remove all impurities. Reviews for: Photos of Jeera (Cumin) Rice.