You can cook Dinner Rolls using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dinner Rolls
- You need 540 g of Bread Flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Active Dry Yeast.
- Prepare 300 ml of Milk.
- It’s 50 g of Butter.
- You need 50 g of Dark Brown Sugar.
- You need 8 g of Kosher Salt.
- You need 1 of Large Egg.
- It’s of neutral oil, for greasing.
- You need of sea salt, for sprinkling.
- You need of melted butter, for brushing.
Dinner Rolls step by step
- Warm milk and brown sugar in the microwave until 120°F, my microwave takes 90 seconds..
- Add the milk, sugar, and yeast to the stand mixer, melt the butter and add that too. Mix just to stir the yeast around to hydrate. (Mixer not mandatory, just useful for larger batches).
- Add the egg, salt, and flour and mix until combined. Scrape the walls of the bowl, then knead for 2 minutes..
- Cover the mixer bowl with a damp towel, and let proof until doubled in size. (Any bowl is fine, you're done mixing).
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F (190˚C)..
- Spritz with water and add sesame seeds/salt/any other topping you want. Let the rolls rise again for 20-30 minutes..
- Divide the dough. 12 large rolls in a 9×13 pan or 24 small rolls in a half sheet pan. Form the balls with a tight top and space them evenly on the pan..
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the rolls have browned. Brush rolls with melted butter and lightly sprinkle the rolls with sea salt after about 10 minutes. Brush with melted butter again when you pull them out..