You can cook Shabu Shabu using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shabu Shabu
- Prepare 10 cm of Kombu.
- Prepare of Water.
- Prepare 600-800 g of Beef (*very thinly sliced).
- You need of Your favourite Dipping Sauce.
- Prepare of
- You need of Wombok (Chinese cabbage), Mizuna, Lettuce, Spinach, Bok Choy, Carrot, Daikon, Tofu, Shiitake, Enoki, Shimeji, Harusame (Potato/Bean Starch Noodles).
Shabu Shabu step by step
- Fill a pot that you use for cooking (a clay pot is recommended) two-thirds full with Water and soak Kombu in the Water for at least 30 minutes. OR add 1 teaspoon Kombu Dashi powder..
- Prepare the ingredients and dipping sauce. Daikon and Carrot need to be sliced very thinly. I recommend using peeler to make noodle-like thin & long slices..
- Heat the water and remove the Kombu just before the water comes to a boil. Put a slice of beef in the boiling stock and swish it gently back and forth in the boiling soup until it changes colour. Enjoy the meat with dipping sauce..
- Cook other ingredients in the boiling stock as well. *Skim off any foam or scum on the surface as you repeat cooking meat..