West Sumatran Rendang (Beef Curry). Authentic beef rendang recipe from Minangkabau, Indonesia. You can recreate this world's best food at home by following this If you chose rendang The dish is famous for its The dish is famous for its spiciness and a long cooking procedure. You can cook West Sumatran Rendang (Beef Curry) using.
This is the food that you have to try, either you cook it yourself or when you go to a restaurant. This article is part of the series on. Indonesia portal Food portal. v. t. e. You can cook West Sumatran Rendang (Beef Curry) using 25 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of West Sumatran Rendang (Beef Curry)
- You need of Basic Ingredients.
- You need 700 grams of fresh beef shanks/ribs/chuck, cut into large cubes.
- It’s 800 ml of pure coconut milk (from 3 mature coconuts).
- You need 1500 ml of young coconut water.
- Prepare 150 grams of unpeeled baby potatoes, cut slightly.
- You need 150 grams of red beans, boiled until half-cooked.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of Ground-Spice Ingredients.
- It’s 100 grams of red chilli peppers (add more if you likel it spicy).
- Prepare 10 clove of medium shallots.
- Prepare 10 clove of garlics.
- It’s 3 cm of ginger, peeled.
- It’s 2 cm of turmeric, peeled.
- You need 5 piece of candlenuts.
- It’s 1/2 of nutmeg.
- It’s 1 tsp of coriander seed.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper powder.
- It’s of Leaf & Spice Ingredients.
- Prepare 3 of turmeric leaves.
- It’s 8 of fresh lime leaves.
- It’s 5 of Indonesian bay-leaves (daun salam).
- Prepare 3 piece of thick lemongrasses white part only, smashed.
- It’s 4 cm of galangal, peeled & slightly smashed.
- It’s 3 piece of small star anise.
- Prepare 1 piece of cinnamon stick.
Rendang is a Minangkabau dish originating from the Minangkabau. Great recipe for West Sumatran Rendang (Beef Curry). It's the food I grew up with. Rendang is a spicy meat dish which originated from West Sumatra Beef Randang or Rendang is a dry beef curry which is quite spicy but delicious with the most tender beef pieces.
West Sumatran Rendang (Beef Curry) instructions
- Blend the Ground-Spice Ingredients together until well combined like a smooth paste. Set aside..
- Combine pure coconut milk & young coconut water to the nonstick-large-pan. Boil & stir them well in a medium heat..
- Add the smooth paste of Ground-Spice Ingredients. Stir well to combine and turn into sweet orange coloured liquid..
- Add all the Leaf & Spice Ingredients. Stir constantly until slightly fragrant..
- Add salt..
- Add fresh beef until well combined. Stir well and bring a gentle boil..
- Once the meat is half-cooked, add baby potatoes & red beans..
- Stir it well every 15 minutes or so to prevent sticking, until the mixture become thicker, darker & gloriously fragrant..
- Continue to simmer gently until the liquid has evaporated by about 95%. Reduce the heat to low..
- Test the meat, it should be perfect enogh when it's fork-tender..
- Taste the liquid for salt, add a pinch if you need more. Mix them. Turn down the heat.
- Remove all the Leaf & Spice Ingredients..
- Serves the dish with steamed rice..
Rendang is a caramelized meat curry dish from West Sumatra, Indonesia. It needs hours of slow cooking until the coconut milk is caramelized and turns into its signature luscious texture. Together with homemade coconut butter and a load of spices, the dish is a. Beef Rendang is a flavorful West Sumatran dry curry that's made with beef, that's cooked together with a spice paste and coconut milk until fork-tender. It's then fried together with the remaining braising liquid until the liquid caramelizes around the beef, coating it with an insane amount of flavor.