Kimbap (Korean seaweed rice rolls).
You can have Kimbap (Korean seaweed rice rolls) using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kimbap (Korean seaweed rice rolls)
- You need 2.5 cups of cooked rice.
- You need 2 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of toasted sesame seeds.
- You need 2.5 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 of cucumber.
- It’s 1 of carrot.
- It’s 5 of long slices of pickled radish.
- You need 5 of long slices of luncheon meat/ham.
- Prepare 5 of perilla leaves (optional).
- You need 3 of large eggs.
- Prepare 2 sheets of fish cake.
- It’s 5 of dried seaweed sheets.
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
Kimbap (Korean seaweed rice rolls) instructions
- Cut the carrot into small pieces. Oil the pan with 1 tbsp olive oil on medium heat, and lightly sauté the carrots..
- Oil the pan with another tbsp of olive oil. Beat the eggs and make a flat omelette on the pan..
- Oil the pan with another tbsp of olive oil. Cut the fish cake into thin, one-inch strips and lightly sauté them..
- Slice the cucumber, pickled radish, eggs, and luncheon meat/ham into thin strips as shown below. Cut the perilla leaves in half, if using..
- Add sesame oil, sesame seeds, and salt to the cooked rice and mix thoroughly..
- Wrap a bamboo mat or a sheet of aluminum foil with a plastic wrap, and place a sheet of seaweed laver on top of the mat. Spread about 1/2 cup of rice evenly on the sheet, and lay all the ingredients at the bottom half of the sheet..
- As if rolling a sleeping bag, carefully roll it up starting from the bottom, tucking the ingredients into the roll as you go. When a roll has been formed, squeeze gently for it to hold shape..
- Slice it into bite-sized rolls. Enjoy!.