You can have Turkish delight using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Turkish delight
- Prepare 2 cups of sugar.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 cup of corn starch.
- You need 1 tbsp of cream of tartar.
- It’s 1 tsp of food colour any colour you can make.
- You need 1 cup of powdered sugar.
Turkish delight step by step
- Place the sugar, lemon juice, and 2 cups of the water in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves, and bring the mixture to a boil.Use spatula to wipe down sugar crystals from side and check in between the consistency of sugar getting thick like chasni we make for sweets.To check the sugar ready take a sugar syrup itna spoon and pour into cold water if it comes closer that means sugar is ready keep in side when it is ready..
- Take another nonstick pan and add corn starch and add cream of tartar and add water and start stirring continuously till you get creamy paste lower down the flame when done..
- Take sugar syrup made and start adding slowly in portion and keep on mixing with the cornstarch paste keep on stirring for 45 minutes till the colour starts changing like golden colour..
- Next step add food colour which you like I have used orange colour and mix well,next take any small pan place parchment paper and grease ghee or oil all over and pour the mixture prepared into it and let it set overnight without covering it you can use any net or something to save from any dirt but dont forget do not refrigerate..
- Next day remove the set candy from the pan with the help of parchment paper and place on a flat surface and flip on the other side, next with the help of pizza cutter cut into square shape..
- And take powdered sugar and toss candys gently make sure it gets coated from all sides so it will not stick to each other, while serving garnish with pistachios or serve like this only plain it not only looks Good but taste delicious and enjoy this Turkish delight homemade candy children's will love this..