Indonesian Sour Soup – Sayur Asem.
You can have Indonesian Sour Soup – Sayur Asem using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Indonesian Sour Soup – Sayur Asem
- Prepare 1 handful of dried peanuts.
- Prepare 5 of long beans, cut about 4 cm long.
- You need 1 of medium size chayote, cut cube.
- You need 1 of sweet corn, cut into desired size.
- You need 200 gram of jackfruit.
- Prepare leaves of Young melinjo.
- Prepare of Ground Spices.
- You need 2 pcs of big red chillies.
- It’s 6 of shallots.
- You need 4 of garlics.
- Prepare 3 of candlenuts.
- It’s of Other ingredients.
- You need 1,5 Litre of water.
- You need of Tamarind paste.
- You need of Indonesian bayleaves (daun salam).
- You need 5 cm of Galangal, smashed.
- Prepare of Salt, sugar.
- It’s of Chilli padi (optional if you like spicy).
- You need of Mushroom seasoning powder.
Indonesian Sour Soup – Sayur Asem instructions
- Boil water with dried peanuts first as peanut takes the longest to cook, until soft. Peanuts make the soup sweet.
- Meanwhile, prepare all the ingredients for ground spices. Put garlic, shallot, chilli and candlenut in your blender to make a paste..
- After peanut is soft, put the spice paste, bayleaves, smashed galangal, tamarind paste, mushroom seasoning, salt, sugar. Put corn, jackfruits, chayote and cook until soft..
- Lastly put the long beans and young melinjo leaves the last as this vegetable just need a short time to cook. You can also add chilli padi in the soup (whole, no need to cut/mash for extra kick of spiciness).
- Adjust the taste. This soup should taste sour, spicy, with a nice balance of sweet and salty all mix together 😄 so refreshing and healthy too 🤩.