Soft Zangi Style Karaage Fried Chicken.
You can cook Soft Zangi Style Karaage Fried Chicken using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Soft Zangi Style Karaage Fried Chicken
- You need 2 fillets of Chicken breast meat.
- You need 1 piece of Ginger.
- It’s 20 ml of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 100 ml of Cooking sake.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sesame oil.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of Katakuriko.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Plain flour.
- You need 1 of Egg.
Soft Zangi Style Karaage Fried Chicken instructions
- Cute the chicken into bite-sized pieces. If you get rid of the skin it will make this dish a little healthier but this is only a suggestion..
- Pierce the cut chicken with a fork a few times to make it easier for the flavours to infuse..
- Grate the ginger. The ginger you use should be about half the size of the ginger you find packaged for sale in shops. (About the same size as the piece in the picture for Step 1.).
- Add the cooking sake and soy sauce to the grated ginger. It should be added at 4 parts cooking sake to 1 part soy sauce. The picture may make it seem that the mixture contains a lot of soy sauce, but it really doesn't need that much..
- Add the cut chicken into a ziplock bag or similar, along with the marinade from Step 4. When the marinade has been spread around the chicken, add the sesame oil as well..
- Securely seal the bag and gently rub the marinade into the meat before leaving to rest in the refrigerator. If you want to eat the chicken quickly, leave the mixture for at least 3-4 hours, though keeping it for 2-3 days will help the flavours blend better and dramatically improve the taste..
- It's time to make the coating for the karaage. Add the katakuriko, flour and egg to a bowl. The powder ingredients should be the same ratio but if you add slightly more katakuriko, the karaage will come out more crispy. Don't add water, instead add a little of the marinade from the ziplock bag (but not too much!) and mix until the coating becomes thick. Submerge the chicken in the mixture..
- Once the chicken is fully coated, fry it. I like using the frying pan for this but if you are used to using a different type of pan then feel free to use that instead. Once the karaage has turned a golden colour, they're ready..
- Place them on a paper towel to remove any excess oil and then arrange on a plate. Place them on top of lettuce and serve. You'll be shocked how soft you can make chicken breast meat..
- For those that like a stronger taste, adjust the amount of soy sauce to your preferred amount 20 ml at a time. If you make it too thick though the karaage may burn easily so be careful..
- If you feel the taste is too light then I recommend serving with mayonnaise for some extra flavor. Adding garlic into the marinade is delicious as well..