Turkish stuffed aubergines with beef and tomatoes (Karniyarik) 🇹🇷.
You can have Turkish stuffed aubergines with beef and tomatoes (Karniyarik) 🇹🇷 using 11 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Turkish stuffed aubergines with beef and tomatoes (Karniyarik) 🇹🇷
- Prepare 3 of aubergines.
- Prepare 300 g of beef or lamb mince.
- Prepare 200 g of cherry tomatoes.
- You need 1 of red onion.
- It’s 1 of red pepper.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of harissa paste.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 bunch of flatleaf parsley.
- You need 1 bunch of fresh mint.
- Prepare Handful of cashews.
Turkish stuffed aubergines with beef and tomatoes (Karniyarik) 🇹🇷 instructions
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- In a hot pan brown the mince seasoning with salt and pepper. Remove and leave to one side.
- Slice the aubergines in half.
- Turn the pan down to a medium heat. And cook the aubergines in olive oil for 8mins it until soft inside.
- After 8 mins flip and cook for another 8 mins.
- Meanwhile chop the pepper, onion, chilli, garlic and stalks of the parsley (retain the leaves).
- Remove the aubergines and place on kitchen towel to soak up excess oil.
- Turn the heat up and add the harissa paste to the pan.
- Stir in the chopped vegetables and cook till softened.
- Chop the tomatoes in half and add to the pan.
- Chop the parsley and mint leaves.
- Add the mince and herbs to the pan and stir.
- Place the aubergines in an oven proof dish. Scrape / mush the insides to make opening. Take care not to pierce the skin.
- Fill the aubergines with the mince mixture and place in the oven for 15mins.
- Crush the cashews and top the aubergines. Cook for another 5-10mins.
- Remove from the oven and serve!.