You can have Kimchi Soup using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kimchi Soup
- You need 1 tablespoon of neutral oil.
- It’s 3 of gloves garlic chopped.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of ginger chopped.
- You need 3 tablespoons of gochujang.
- It’s 1 cup of kimchi chopped.
- You need 4 cups of chicken stock.
- You need 1 tablespoon of fish sauce.
- You need 1 block of tofu (soft or firm) diced into 1 in cubes.
- You need of 2 eggs.
- You need 2 of scallions chopped into 1 in pieces.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Chinese cooking wine.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of sesame oil.
- It’s of Rice noodles (optional).
Kimchi Soup step by step
- Heat oil in Dutch oven or large pot.
- Add garlic and ginger and sauté for 2 min. Add gochujang and sauté for 1 min.
- Add kimchi and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add chicken stock and fish stock and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, lower heat to simmer and add tofu. Simmer for 5-10 min..
- Crack eggs directly into soup and stir quickly. Eggs should become stringy (like egg drop soup).
- Add scallions, cooking wine and sesame oil. Simmer for 2 min.
- Enjoy with a side of rice or rice noodles!.