Babi Kecap (Indonesian Braised Pork).
You can have Babi Kecap (Indonesian Braised Pork) using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Babi Kecap (Indonesian Braised Pork)
- It’s 1 kg of pork belly.
- It’s 6-7 of dried shiitake mushrooms (cut to smaller pieces).
- You need 3-4 of boiled eggs.
- It’s 1/2 pack of fried tofu cut into half.
- It’s 1/2 cup of semi dried shrimps.
- You need 6-7 cloves of garlic (lightly crushed).
- Prepare 2-3 cm of ginger (sliced).
- You need 2-3 of chilli (optional).
- Prepare 3 of star anise.
- You need 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare of Sauces.
- It’s 2 tsp of five (5) spice.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of kecap manis (sweet soy).
- You need 2 tbsp of fish sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 2 cubes of chicken stock.
- It’s of Salt (to your liking).
- You need of Pepper (to your liking).
- You need 2-3 cups of water for pressure cooker or 4-5 cups for slow cook.
Babi Kecap (Indonesian Braised Pork) instructions
- Semi dried shrimps, fried tofu, shiitake mushroom can be found from your local Asian groceries store..
- Heat sesame oil on a deep pan (or pressure cooker pan). Add in garlic, ginger, star anise, and semi dried shrimps saute until aromatic and garlic turn golden brown..
- Add in pork belly fry for a little bit, until pork change colour..
- Add in all ingredients for sauces (except salt and pepper), add in water just enough to cover the meat (2-3 cups). Cook in pressure cooker for 15-20 mins..
- If no pressure cooker add in the cook boiled eggs and tofu as well, and used 4-5 cups of water, bring to boil and simmer on low heat for 45mins (uncovered)..
- (If using pressure cooker), after pork belly cooked for 15-20mins in pressure cooker, add in eggs and tofu simmer for another 10-15 mins. Taste the braised pork and adjust to your liking, add in salt and pepper as needed and add more kecap manis for adding the sweet and savory taste to the dish..
- Turned off the heat and your braised pork is ready to serve..