Oats and daliya khichdi.
You can have Oats and daliya khichdi using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Oats and daliya khichdi
- It’s 1 cup of daliya/cracked wheat.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of oats.
- You need 1/2 cup of moong dal.
- Prepare 1 cup of diced carrot.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped green beans.
- You need 1 cup of peas.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped tomato.
- It’s 4 tbsp of ghee.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of hing.
- Prepare 1 of dry chilly whole.
- Prepare 1 tsp of jeera.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of red chilly powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of kalamasala.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- Prepare 5 cups of hot water.
- It’s of shredded coconut and chopped cilantro for garnishing.
Oats and daliya khichdi instructions
- Roast daliya and oats in 1 tbsp of ghee for approximately ten minutes on a slow flame..
- In the mean while add the rest of the ghee to the pressure cooker. When it melts, add jeera, hing, and dry chilly whole. Saute for a few seconds..
- Add carrots, green beans, peas and washed moong dal. Saute for five minutes..
- Next add tomato and the spices (red chilly powder, turmeric powder, kala masala powder and salt)..
- Add 5 cups of hot water to this mixture..
- When this mixture comes to a boil, add the roasted oats and daliya..
- Close the pressure cooker and let it cook for one whistle..
- Open when pressure is released..
- Garnish with coconut and cilantro leaves. Serve hot with pickle, kadhi, yogurt or papad..