Oyako-don. Oyakodon (親子丼), literally “parent-and-child donburi”, is a donburi, or Japanese rice bowl dish, in which chicken, egg, sliced scallion (or sometimes regular onions), and other ingredients are all simmered together in a kind of soup that is made with soy sauce and stock. Oyakodon is cooked in one pan where onions, chicken, and egg are simmered in an umami-rich dashi-based sauce. See recipes for Japanese Oyako Don (Chicken & Egg on Rice) too.
I cover and compose songs for fun. I mean, the World of Imagination! (I'm living in US, though) I'm a high school student. And Oyakodon is definitely categorized in B class gourmet. You can cook Oyako-don using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Oyako-don
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 of onion(small).
- It’s 250 g of Chicken thigh.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 of tablespoon～ sugar.
- You need 1 tablespoon of hondashi(Powder,japanese soup stock).
- It’s 1 tablespoon of sake(if you had it).
- It’s 500 ml of water.
- It’s of black pepper (as you like it).
- You need 2 bowls of cooked rice.
It doesn't matter though, because it still tastes. Never mind the chicken or the egg. How about the chicken and the egg? “Oyako” means “parent and child” in Japanese, and so this dish is open to many interpretations. Oyako-Don (Chicken & Egg with Rice).
- First, slice up the onion and chicken cut into cubes.Pour water, hondashi and sake in a pot.Cook it on medium heat. when the pot boils,add the onion and chicken and sugar.Heat until meat is cooked.It is delicious even if you simmered onions..
- Then,add soy sauce to the pot and heat for 5 minutes.I don't recommend putting soy sauce from the beginning.(Please taste it and adjust the amount of soy sauce.).
- Heat the pan over medium heat.Scoop up soup and ingredients from the pot.And put in a frying pan.Beat an egg in a bowl.Pour egg evenly on surface to the frying pan.Put the lid until the egg is heated..
- It is like this.And put it on rice..
- It's ready to eat!(Put on a black pepper.).
- I made it ! @guam.
This is a super quick and easy one-bowl meal to prepare for times when you have nothing but eggs and chicken in the fridge, or when you have three noisy kids at. Oyakodon (親子丼) is a classic Japanese chicken and egg rice bowl, with tender pieces of chicken and sweet onions simmered in a sweet and savory dashi that's bound together. Oyakodon (親子丼), literally “parent-and-child donburi”, is a donburi, or Japanese rice bowl dish, in which chicken, egg, sliced scallion. Oyakodon is a popular comfort food in Japan. It is a rice bowl dish that uses both the chicken and the egg as toppings.