Tori no Karaage (Japanese style fried chicken).
You can have Tori no Karaage (Japanese style fried chicken) using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tori no Karaage (Japanese style fried chicken)
- Prepare 500 g of chicken thighs (bite size pices).
- You need 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- You need 2 tablespoons of sake.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of grated ginger.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of grated garlic.
- Prepare Pinch of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Potato starch (or flour), for coating.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil, for deep-frying.
- It’s 1 of lemon (optional).
Tori no Karaage (Japanese style fried chicken) step by step
- In a bowl, combine chicken, salt, pepper, soy sauce, sake, ginger, garlic, and massage the chicken gently. Marinate for 15 minutes..
- Heat oil to 170 degrees Celsius..
- Drain extra marinade from the chicken. Dredge the chicken in potato starch, and then, pat the excess flour off the chicken..
- After putting the flour on the chicken, deep-fry the chicken right away for about 4 to 5 minutes..
- Don’t touch the chicken for the first one minute to prevent the flour coating from coming off the chicken..
- After one minute, stir the chicken several times. It helps the moisture to evaporate, and it makes the chicken crispy..
- Take the chicken out and drain excess oil..