Ddukbokki with Pork & Kimchi.
You can have Ddukbokki with Pork & Kimchi using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ddukbokki with Pork & Kimchi
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of oil.
- You need 1 pound of pork shoulder or belly, cut into thin slices (1/8 to 1/4 inch thick).
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 of a small onion, cut into 1/4-inch strips vertically.
- It’s 2 cups of ripe kimchi, lightly drained and cut into 1/2-inch strips (I just bunch it all together and cut).
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of gochujang (Korean red chili paste) to start.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of soy sauce to start.
- Prepare 2-3 Tablespoons of sugar depending on how sweet you like things.
- You need 3/4-1 cup of water, depending on how thick or thin you like the sauce.
- It’s 400 grams of dduk aka Korean Rice Ovalettes that are tube shaped (not the diagonally cut flat ones).
- It’s of optional: chopped green onion and/or toasted sesame seeds for garnish.
Ddukbokki with Pork & Kimchi instructions
- In a wok or large frying pan, bring 1/2 Tablespoon oil up to medium high heat and then saute the pork until it's cooked through (opaque on both sides)..
- Add the onions and continue to saute just until onions start to turn translucent. Add the 1/4 teaspoon salt and stir to distribute seasoning..
- Add another 1/2 Tablespoon of oil and kimchi, and continue to saute another 2 or 3 minutes..
- Add gochujang, soy sauce, sugar, and water, and stir until gochujang is mostly dissolved..
- Add dduk (rice cakes), stir to incorporate, turn the heat down to medium, and cook, covered, for 4 to 6 minutes or until rice cakes are just cooked through, stirring occasionally. (If you try to cut a piece of dduk in half with the side of a fork, the dduk should have a soft and chewy give almost completely to the bottom before you can cut through it.).
- Sprinkle with chopped green onions and/or sesame seeds if you like and enjoy! :).