Instant Pot Hibachi Fried Rice. This is the most viral instant pot hibachi fried rice recipe out there! While I love ordering steak, shrimp, chicken and veggies, my favorite thing at any Hibachi place is the Hibachi Fried Rice that is served at the top of the meal. Who doesn't love a night out at a Hibachi restaurant like Benihana (or Gasho of Japan from where I'm from)?!
Skip the takeout and whip up delicious pressure cooker fried rice. Easy Instant Pot Hibachi Fried Rice + Video (Veg, GF). This Hibachi Fried Rice is packed with amazingly savory flavor & has perfectly cooked Jasmine rice, frozen veggies, delicious chunks of scrambled egg. You can have Instant Pot Hibachi Fried Rice using 12 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Hibachi Fried Rice
- It’s 1.5 cups of Jasmine White Rice (Rinsed very well).
- You need 1 cup of frozen thawed carrots & peas.
- Prepare 1 of medium yellow onion finely chopped.
- It’s 5 of small eggs whisked.
- You need 1 tsp of regular white sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of light soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 3 tbsp of chopped scallions (for garnish).
- Prepare 6 tbsp of avocado oil divided into equal parts (or use any neutral oil).
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need 1.5 cups of Water.
- You need of For the Rice 1 tsp Avocado oil 1/2 tsp Salt.
You can also freeze this Instant Pot Hibachi Fried rice and enjoy it for weeks. It's a perfect candidate for meal preps, lunch boxes. The Instant pot that Air Fries. The rice was perfect – even better than when I use our Japanese electric rice cooker (and verified by my Japanese-born family members who did not realize that my “best rice ever” was.
Instant Pot Hibachi Fried Rice instructions
- Rinse the rice very well several times under running tap water until clear water runs through. This is very important and prevents the rice from becoming sticky. An excellent way to rinse the surface starch of rice..
- Add the rinsed rice to the steel insert of the Instant Pot along with equal amounts of water, 1 tsp avocado oil or any neutral oil & 1/2 tsp salt. This instantly flavors up the cooked rice & the oil keeps the grains nice & fluffy..
- Close the lid of the Instant Pot, seal the Valve. Pressure Cook on HIGH for 3 minutes..
- Once the pressure cooking cycle is over the Instant Pot will begin to beep. Wait for 10 minutes NATURAL PRESSURE RELEASE and than release the rest of the pressure manually by moving the valve from the sealing to the venting position..
- Carefully open the lid of the pot and gently fluff the steamed Jasmine Rice with the help of a fork..
- Immediately transfer the cooked rice into a bowl or a large plate allow it to cool down and than pop it in the fridge to chill it. In the meantime proceed with the rest of the recipe. Chilling the rice will help you make the best ever Hibachi fried Rice and keep the rice grains nice and fluffy..
- Scramble the eggs Set the Instant Pot on SAUTE and keep it on NORMAL. Add 3 tbsp oil into the steel insert of the Instant Pot..
- When the oil becomes moderately hot add the whisked eggs and do not stir for about 10 seconds. Reduce the heat to LOW..
- Stir the eggs every now and than until they scramble into large chunks. Set aside the scrambled eggs. It’s very important to keep the scrambled egg pieces large. We’ll break them later..
- Make the Hibachi Fried Rice Before you begin assembling the Hibachi Fried Rice set the SAUTE function of your Instant Pot to NORMAL..
- Now, add 3 tbsp oil. When the oil becomes moderately hot add the chopped onions and saute until the begin to become limp or translucent..
- Next, add the thawed frozen veggies like diced carrots & peas (read Notes below). Saute the veggies along with the sugar for about 2-3 mins for crisp tender veggies and saute a little longer for softer veggies. It’s upto you..
- It’s time to mix in the chilled cooked Jasmine Rice. Reduce the Instant Pot Heat to LOW. Mix the rice in two batches. This will help to incorporate the veggies very well with the rice without stirring too much. I always use a spatula and than a fork to mix the rice in stages and I do it gently. As a result the rice grains do not break..
- Once you are done mixing the chilled rice add the sauce and the sesame oil. I love to mix the sauce with the oil and than pour them together. Once again gently mix the fried rice so that each rice grain is beautifully coated with the sauce. A fork always helps to fluff and mix the fried rice..
- Turn off the Instant Pot and add back the scrambled eggs. Before adding them break the larger chunks into slightly smaller chunks about 1/2 or 1 inch long. Gently mix it with the Hibachi Fried rice and enjoy restaurant quality meal with some Yum Yum sauce..
- Fridge: Lasts for 6 days in the fridge when stored in air tight container. Freezer: Lasts for 3 months when stored in portion sized freezer safe bags or containers. Easier to thaw & re-heat..
This one pot fried rice is a super hit with our entire family and we're sure your family will love it too! You can't go wrong with the ease and versatility of this dish. We won't lie, our favorite part at the hibachi table is the delicious fried rice and we love being able to enjoy it at home. Hibachi fried rice is a cooking style in which cooked rice is fried in a heated wok or large skillet with butter, soy sauce, and a few other ingredients. For this recipe, I am going to use some Instant Pot Brown Rice to save me some time.