You can have Filter Tea using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Filter Tea
- Prepare of South Indian Coffee Filter (6 cups steel) 1 number.
- It’s 2 cups of Boiling water ~.
- Prepare 4 teaspoons of Tea -.
- It’s of Elaichi green/cardamom – 3 crushed.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of Nutmeg -.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cinnamon powder -.
- It’s of Ginger fresh; deskinned – 2 inch piece crushed.
- You need Clove of – 3 numbers crushed.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Fennel seeds optional -.
- You need 3/4 tsp of Black pepper coarsely ground -.
- It’s of Star anise (optional) – 1 number.
Filter Tea instructions
- In a blender, dry grind ginger, elaichi, nutmeg powder, star anise, clove and fennel seeds. Grind them all well..
- Transfer this mixture to a South indian coffee filter and add tea. Now add 1 cup of boiling water to the filter over the powders and tea..
- Once the decoction is collected in the bottom half of the filter; pour the remaining water into the filter and let it drip down again. Once 2 cups have emptied; store the decoction and make tea with it..
- To make tea, boil milk/water and add the decoction as per your required strength; mix in sweetener of choice and enjoy hot/cold..