Korean Yang-nyeom Chicken.
You can cook Korean Yang-nyeom Chicken using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Korean Yang-nyeom Chicken
- You need 1 of large Boneless chicken thigh (250-300g).
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 2-3 pinches of Salt & pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Flour, for dusting chicken or as needed.
- It’s of Oil for deep-frying you can also broil or pan fry as needed.
- It’s of ↓ Spicy Sauce ↓.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Olive or vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Tomato, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Onion, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 clove of Garlic, finely chopped.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Gochujan Korean hot pepper paste | 고추장.
- It’s 1-2 tsp of Cayenne/ground chili pepper (more = more spicy).
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1-1.5 tsp of Lemon juice or vinegar.
- You need pinch of Black pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of Sesame seeds.
Korean Yang-nyeom Chicken instructions
- Cut chicken into chunks and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Mix with 1 Tbsp olive oil and let marinade for 30 minutes..
- In a pan, add all ingredients for the spicy sauce. Bring to simmer on low heat, stirring to mix well..
- Simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Stop heat and set aside while preparing chicken..
- Put some flour in a bowl and dust each piece of chicken evenly by rolling in flour..
- Deep-fry in about 1 inch/3 cm hot oil until crispy. You can choose to broil in the oven or fry in a frying pan as an alternative, but deep-frying will get you the best texture..
- Fry in batches if needed. Once crispy and golden brown, remove and let excess oil drain. (It took about 2-3 minutes for bite-size pieces when I cooked)..
- Bring the spicy sauce to a low simmer and add the cooked chicken to the pan. Coat well with sauce and remove to serving dish..
- Topping with some chopped peanuts or almonds gives it a nice accent and extra crunch!.