Yu Lin Chi – Awesome Chinese Fried Chicken with Sweet and Sour Sauce.
You can have Yu Lin Chi – Awesome Chinese Fried Chicken with Sweet and Sour Sauce using 17 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Yu Lin Chi – Awesome Chinese Fried Chicken with Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Prepare 1 of Chicken thigh.
- You need of Marinade.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ★Sake.
- Prepare 1 dash of ★Salt and pepper.
- You need of Youlinji Sauce (10 Ingredients).
- You need 1/2 of a stalk ●Japanese leek (finely chopped).
- You need 1 clove of ●Chopped garlic.
- Prepare 2 cm of out of tube ●Grated ginger (tubed).
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of ●Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 1/2 of a tablespoons ●Vinegar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ●Sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of ●Water.
- It’s 2 tsp of ●Sesame oil.
- You need 1 tsp of ●Sake.
- You need 1 tsp of ●Honey.
- It’s 1 of Katakuriko (for coating).
- It’s 1 of Frying oil.
Yu Lin Chi – Awesome Chinese Fried Chicken with Sweet and Sour Sauce step by step
- Finely chop the Japanese leek and mince the garlic. Mince the garlic as small as possible..
- Combine all the ● ingredients for the yu lin chi sauce and set it aside. The flavor will penetrate and the sauce will be tastier if you set it aside for over one hour..
- Insert a knife into the thick part of the chicken, cut it open to make the thickness of chicken even. Remove the yellowish fat with a knife as much as possible to eliminate any odor..
- Season the chicken with the ★ ingredients and set it aside (for at least 10 minutes)..
- In a skillet, pour oil about 1 cm depth..
- Coat the seasoned chicken evenly with katakuriko..
- Fry the chicken slowly, skin side down over medium-low heat..
- Once the skin is golden brown, flip the chicken and fry the other side. Fry it slowly, taking about 10 minutes..
- Take the chicken out of the oil and put it onto a shallow wired rack container and let it sit for about 3 minutes (so it cooks thoroughly with the residual heat)..
- Cut the chicken to your preferred size..
- Spread some vegetables such as lettuce onto a serving plate, place the chicken on top of it..
- Pour the Youlinji sauce onto the chicken and it's ready to serve..
- This recipe calls for generous amount of Youlinji sauce. You can serve the extra sauce on the side if you prefer..
- I tried the You lin ji sauce on cold shabu-shabu. It was refreshing and quite tasty..