Juicy Karaage Fried Chicken.
You can cook Juicy Karaage Fried Chicken using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Juicy Karaage Fried Chicken
- You need 2 of Chicken thighs.
- It’s 1 tsp of ☆Grated garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of ☆Grated ginger.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of ☆Salt.
- You need 1 dash of ☆Pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ☆Sake.
- It’s 1 tsp of ☆Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- You need 6 tbsp of Katakuriko.
- It’s 1 of Frying oil.
Juicy Karaage Fried Chicken instructions
- Cut the chicken thighs into large pieces. About 12 pieces per 1 thigh. Cutting into large, thick pieces helps the meat retain its moisture..
- Put the chicken in a plastic bag together with the ☆ ingredients. Massage well with your hands from the outside of the bag. Sake also helps the meat to retain its moisture and give it a good flavor..
- Put the egg in the bag with the chicken and continue to massage well. The proteins in the egg will soften the meat..
- Close the bag and let sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes. If the meat isn't cold it's easier for it to cook through to the center..
- Lastly, add the katakuriko and massage again to coat your pieces of chicken evenly. This is a coating that won't really dirty the frying oil..
- Heat your oil to 180℃. Put the chicken in with the skin facing down and fry for 2 minutes. Turn over and fry for another 2 minutes. Once it's fried, the bubbling will minimize..
- By only frying for just the right length of time, you'll keep the meat juicy in the center. After frying, the juices will be very hot, so be careful not to burn yourself..