Juicy Karaage (Japanese Fried Chicken).
You can have Juicy Karaage (Japanese Fried Chicken) using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Juicy Karaage (Japanese Fried Chicken)
- It’s 1 of Chicken thigh meat.
- You need 1 tbsp of ●Sake.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of ● Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of ● Sesame oil.
- You need 1 tsp of ● Honey.
- Prepare 1 piece of ●Ginger (grated).
- Prepare 1 clove of ● Garlic (grated).
- Prepare 1 pinch of ● Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 of Egg.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Katakuriko.
Juicy Karaage (Japanese Fried Chicken) instructions
- Cut the chicken into large bite-sized pieces, and soak in plenty of water for 10 minutes..
- Wipe the surface moisture off the chicken pieces with paper towels and put the chicken in a plastic freezer bag. Add the ingredients marked with ● – sake, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, grated ginger, grated garlic and pepper – to the bag. Massage the chicken well to let the flavors soak in, close up the bag and let it marinate for 2 hours in the refrigerator..
- After marinating, if there is any excess liquid left in the bag, discard it. Add the beaten half egg and massage the chicken again. When the egg has been evenly distributed, add the katakuriko and massage again..
- Fry the chicken at 170℃ for 15 seconds. Lower the heat quickly to 150℃, and fry until the pieces are a light brown in color. Take the chicken out of the oil and let it rest for 3 minutes..
- Raise the temperature of the oil to 180℃, and fry the chicken rapidly until it's golden brown. It will have a crispy-crunchy finish!.