Rose Shu Mai (Chinese Dimsum) 燒賣點心.
You can have Rose Shu Mai (Chinese Dimsum) 燒賣點心 using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rose Shu Mai (Chinese Dimsum) 燒賣點心
- You need 1 package of round dumpling skins.
- You need 1/2 lb of ground pork.
- Prepare 4 of dried shiitake mushrooms.
- Prepare of Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 2.5 tbsp of corn starch.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of water.
- You need 1 tbsp of sake.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of white pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s of Toppings.
- You need 15-20 of peas or edamame.
- You need of Masago (fish roe) optional topping.
Rose Shu Mai (Chinese Dimsum) 燒賣點心 step by step
- Soak the shiitake mushrooms in hot water for 20-30 mins.
- Squeeze the excess water from the mushrooms and dice.
- In a bowl, combine the pork, mushrooms and seasonings so that it is paste-like.
- Place 3 dumpling skins down – overlapping each other.
- Place about 1-2 teaspoons of filling in the each wrapper – don't overfill or else the skins won't be able to keep the rose shape.
- Use your finger tip and damp the edge of the skins.
- Fold the skins from the bottom up..
- Roll the dumpling skins horizontally to create the rose shape.
- Once you finished creating the roses for the pack. You may add the peas or masago on top..
- Boil the water and steam the dumplings for 20 mins. Make sure the meat and skins are cooked through..