Beef Rendang (Malaysian-Italian style).
You can cook Beef Rendang (Malaysian-Italian style) using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef Rendang (Malaysian-Italian style)
- It’s of beef (any flank parts).
- You need of Ingredients A- to blend.
- You need of large scallions.
- It’s of garlic.
- You need of cumin.
- It’s of coriander.
- You need of ginger.
- You need of galangal.
- It’s of fresh lemongrass (cut into slices).
- It’s of fresh turmeric.
- Prepare of Some water.
- Prepare of Ingredients B-.
- You need of Sambal Oelek.
- You need of coconut milk cream.
- Prepare of Sugar and salt.
- It’s of Ingredients C-.
- Prepare of grated coconut.
- You need of Concentrated tamarind.
- You need of To garnish: Leaves of fresh kaffir lime or lime.
Beef Rendang (Malaysian-Italian style) instructions
- Blend ingredients A with some water and sautee in a non stick frying pan until you can smell the flavor..
- Add beef and cook until the beef is no longer red..
- Add ingredients B and cook until beef is soft. Keep adding water if it's dry..
- While waiting for beef to cook, start removing the blended ingredients A and cooked Sambal Oelek (we only want the right amount of spiciness) from the sauce using a sifter (I found this inside IKEA). Only remove the amount needed, depending on your taste..
- Add ingredients C and keep stirring until the sauce thickens as you like..
- Garnish with sliced kaffir lime leaves or lime leaves. I mixed the leaves all over and leave it to cool before serving. It can be heated up again either using microwave or on a pan (make sure to add water in case it's too dry)..