Japanese rice to make sushi rice.
You can cook Japanese rice to make sushi rice using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Japanese rice to make sushi rice
- It’s 150 g of or 1 cup Sushi rice.
- It’s 250 g of or 1 3/4cups clean water.
- It’s of Sauce for Sushi rice mixture.
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of Mirin.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 2 Tbsp of vinegar.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
Japanese rice to make sushi rice instructions
- Rinse your sushi rice in cold water a few time until the water is clear to get rid of some starches. Then add about 1 2/3 cup of water. Turn the hop on high heat for 8-10 min. Once the rice is cooking and water start to absorb into the rice turn the heat down to the lowest post and put the lid on. Let it cook for about 5-8 min and turn the heat of. Leave the rice to still cook after turn the heat off for another 10 min..
- Making sushi rice. Mix mirin, vinegar and salt together, stir well until sugar and salt dissolved..
- Transfer your rice into a mixing bowl in a wooden spoon stir your rice and break up them a little bit. Then add sushi rice mixture in. Mix well into the rice. Cover up with cling film and leave it to cool down..
- Ready to make sushi.