Apple Sage Bourbon Pork Chops. Pork chops are versatile and low in calories, a brilliantly nutritious cut of meat. Cooked with sage, braeburn apples and raddichio. Dress up traditional pork chops with the fresh flavors of Granny Smith apples and sage.
Stir in juice, sugar and remaining seasoned flour until well mixed. Cut apples into chunks – quarter the apple, then cut each quarter into thirds lengthwise, then cut each slice in half crosswise. Add pork chops – you can either remove the apples, brown the chops and then add the apples back or just. You can have Apple Sage Bourbon Pork Chops using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Apple Sage Bourbon Pork Chops
- Prepare 6 of bone in 1/2 inch thick pork chop.
- You need 1/2 cup of bourbon.
- It’s 6 of Apples diced, I prefer honey crisp.
- It’s 3 sprigs of sage- fresh.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Apple Cider.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Prepare 1 TBSP of Worchester.
- You need 2 TBSP of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 2 of shallots.
- It’s 1 of Or 2 sweet onions.
- It’s 3 of acorn squash.
- You need of 6 tbsp of brown sugar for squash.
- It’s 6 tbsp of butter for squash, 1 tbsp each.
Brush with oil; sprinkle with chopped sage. Insert an ovenproof thermometer into the center of an inside thigh muscle. Boneless, thin-cut pork chops can be fully cooked in three minutes, a fraction of the time it takes to cook thicker chops. Here, F&W's Melissa Rubel Jacobson combines the meat with a few distinctly autumnal ingredients: sage, apple and hard cider.
Apple Sage Bourbon Pork Chops step by step
- Take your pork chops and soak in mildly warm salt water for 45 minutes on counter, pat pork dry set aside on plate.
- Prepare sea salt and course black pepper. Grind sprinkle on pork chops while heating your cast iron pan on hot w 2 TBSP of olive oil. Let it smoke mildly, then turn down to 6 or 7. Add 2 tbsp butter.
- Brown pork chops once pan is hot. 2-3 minutes on each side until the seat is brown.. do not burn. Turn heat to 7. Set each chop aside in another enamel o en safe pan. Oven needs to be heated to 275. Scrap bowl bits from cast iron pan into new pan w chops..
- Take apples, add nutmeg and cinnamon to apples, set aside.
- Add all liquid together to make sauce- whisk and put in Apple over pork, then pour liquid over after mixed..
- Add sage around edges of dish in liquid..
- In another pan add 2 tbsp butter, carmelize butter and onions along w rosemary and other Provence style herbs. Add over apples..
- Liquid should cover chops, if it does not add more Apple Cider until liquid covers most of chops. Cook for 3 hours on 275. Using a baster after 2 hours rotate pork and baste..
- On a separate cookie sheet pan, place 1/2 acorn squash, scope out middles, wrap in tin foil, add butter and brown sugar wrap each one up, place on sheet in oven..
- Cook all items for 3 hours on 275..
- Once timer is off, check chops and baste or use a ladle to take out liquid. Use a separate pot to make gravy. Add cornstarch to hot liquid from chops and apples !! Add cornstarch to thicken..
- Serve w squash, pork and apples and onions!! Yummy…
These pork chops are basted in a flavorful apple butter-bourbon glaze and served with grilled apple skewers. Drizzled with sorghum and baked in a bourbon-apple mixture, these pork chops are a fall feast. Find more recipes in the newest edition of Taste of the South. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. This recipe not only takes the pork chops out to the grill, but the apples as well.