Indonesian Fried Pastry (Pastel Goreng).
You can cook Indonesian Fried Pastry (Pastel Goreng) using 22 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Indonesian Fried Pastry (Pastel Goreng)
- Prepare of For the filling:.
- You need of Cooked vermicelli.
- Prepare of Boiled potatoes (finely chopped).
- Prepare of Chopped carrot (I don’t).
- Prepare of Chopped celery.
- You need of Chopped onion or shallots.
- Prepare of Chopped green onion.
- You need of Garlic powder.
- You need of Pepper.
- You need of Chicken powder.
- It’s of Sugar.
- You need of Nutmeg.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Sliced of hard boiled egg.
- You need of For the Pastry:.
- Prepare 200 g of flour.
- It’s 75 g of butter.
- It’s 50 ml of cold water.
- Prepare 1 of egg white.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of sugar.
- It’s of Oil for frying.
Indonesian Fried Pastry (Pastel Goreng) step by step
- For the filling: Heat up the oil and fry the onion until fragrant..
- Add celery, keep sauted until the celery is done..
- Add the potatoes and vermicelli. Then season with, garlic, pepper, nutmeg, chicken powder, sugar, and salt..
- Mixed well and cooked through. Last one sprinkle with green onion. Mix well, taste it, and leave aside to cool.
- For the Pastry: I am using a stand mixer. Mixed the flour, sugar, salt, and butter until butter is no longer bigger than peas..
- Slowly add white egg. Then add water little by little. Until the Pastry smooth and ready to rolls..
- Take it out from the mixer bowl. Knead well and roll up in to a ball shape, cover with a cling wrap and let it rest for at least 1/2 hour..
- Roll the dough into 1/4cm thin and cut into a cylinder. You can rolling use rolling pin or pasta roller machine..
- To finishing: Take one pastry and place a spoonful of filling in the center. Add one sliced of hard boiled egg, fold it, seam and press the end to seal. Use a fork to tighter it or you can twist it. (Mine I use the pastry mold, and I brushed the edges with egg white to seal it).
- Heat the oil. Fry the pastry until golden brown on each side..
- Place fried pastry on a parchment paper to drain the oil..
- Served warm along with spicy peanut dipping sauce or with fresh Thai chili 🌶 Enjoy 😊.