Beef Bulgogi with Basmati Rice.
You can have Beef Bulgogi with Basmati Rice using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef Bulgogi with Basmati Rice
- It’s 2 of small apples.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 60 g of ginger.
- Prepare 2 of spring onions.
- It’s 4 tbsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 4 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 4 tsp of Demerara sugar.
- You need 500 g of lean beef mince.
- Prepare 300 g of green beans.
- Prepare of basmati rice.
Beef Bulgogi with Basmati Rice step by step
- Cook the rice according to packet instructions, enough for the amount of people you're cooking for. Once ready, leave in the saucepan with the lid on..
- Wash the green beans and cut them in half..
- Peel and grate or finely chop the ginger and garlic..
- Thinly slice the spring onions, keeping the white and greens separate..
- Grate the apple with the skin on. Sorry about this bit, its hands down the worst part of cooking this dish. I get my husband to do a full bag of apples and then freeze in sandwich bags in two apple servings to use later, just defrost in the fridge overnight if you're doing this..
- Combine the mince, ginger, garlic, spring onion whites, soy, sesame oil, apple and sugar in a bowl, I use my hands to get it properly mixed together..
- Use a wide pan for the next bit, heat a small amount of oil and then add the beef mixture and the green beans. Push it all down in to a massive fritter type thing. It should take around 5 minutes to brown. Carefully try and flip it over and do the same on the other side until it's cooked through and a bit crispy. I do it in four sections. Don't worry if this is too difficult because you're going to be breaking it up in to chunks anyway..
- Once the beef is cooked through, break it up in to chunks ready for serving with a wooden spoon..
- Stir the green spring onions in to your rice and optionally add a small amount of sesame oil. Your rice and beef bulgogi are now ready to serve..