Thai curry chicken.
You can have Thai curry chicken using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Thai curry chicken
- It’s 2 cans of coconut milk.
- Prepare 2/3 pack of Mae ploy yellow curry.
- You need 1 of puck palm sugar (sub 1/3 cup golden brown sugar).
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper.
- You need 1 of orange bell pepper.
- It’s 1 of yellow bell pepper.
- It’s 2 of medium onions.
- You need 4 of carrots.
- It’s 4-5 of chicken breast or 8 – 10 boned chicken thighs.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of fish sauce.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of salt.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of fresh cracked black pepper.
- You need 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 4 of med yellow potatoes.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of lime juice.
Thai curry chicken instructions
- Cut chicken in to roughly 1.5 inch cubes.
- Cut peppers in to strips removing seeds..
- Dice onions to 1.5 centimeter peices..
- Peel and cut carrots to half centimeter coins at a slight angle.
- Peel and cut potatoes in to roughly 1 inch cubes. (White potatoes can subbed but yellow potatoes seem to hold up better.).
- Add 1/2 of vegetable oil, onion, and carrots to medium heat pan. Brown until onions are starting to caramelize. Remove from pan and set aside..
- Add chicken, salt, and fresh cracked pepper. Fry chicken until staring to brown..
- Add remaining vegetable oil, curry paste, and half (2 table spoons) of fish sauce. Heat until curry paste starts to turn into a sauce. Add 1 can of coconut milk and 2 Bay leafs.
- Simmer 5 minutes, add potatoes, and onions and carrots set aside earlier. Add palm sugar puck, simmer for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally making sure puck doesn't burn..
- Add bell peppers, second can of coconut milk, remaining fish sauce (2 tablespoons), and 1 teaspoon lime juice. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until peppers are desired tenderness..
- Serve with any GOOD RICE. I prefer Basmatti rice but any good rice will do. NOT INSTANT RICE!!!.