Iraqi style Dolma. Dolma is a family of stuffed vegetable dishes common in the Middle East and surrounding regions including the Balkans, the Caucasus Iraqi Style Kabab BBQ Recipe _ How to make Iraqi Kabab. Recipe below :)Thanks for watching ❤~Please Share this video , And don't also forget to Comment, Like & subscribe!! Dolma is a family of stuffed vegetable dishes common in the Middle East and surrounding regions including the Balkans, the Caucasus, Russia and Central Asia.
We would love to hear your feedback and comments regarding this recipe. Carefully flip the dolma pan on to a large tray, and serve in the middle of the table. Iraqi Dolma – Iraqi Food Kitchen – YouTube Dolma is a family of stuffed vegetable dishes common in the Middle East and surrounding regions including the Balkans, the Caucasus, Russia and Central. You can have Iraqi style Dolma using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Iraqi style Dolma
- You need 1 cup of rice.
- You need 1/4 of kilo lamb mince (chicken or beef mince can also be used).
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- It’s 2 TSP of salt.
- Prepare of Optional: spices, such as cumin & coriander powder, chilli etc.
- Prepare 1/3 block of dried tamarind soaked in 1 cup of boiling water.
- Prepare 6 of Tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 of small red peppers.
- You need 1 of courgette.
- Prepare 2 of medium onions.
- You need 20 of Large spinach leaves.
Iraqi dolma is known to be the best dolma in the dolma world. I have made dolma for years and each time I improvise and this is the best over and over. you can use any vegetables but in this video I am. Much like kleicha, dolma is another Iraqi family/social affair to make. Gather your family, close friends, and neighbors, and start making dolma!
Iraqi style Dolma step by step
- First, strain tamarind through a sieve using a spoon to rub the pulp through. Reserve..
- RICE: mix rice with the salt, garlic, mince and ½ of the strained tamarind juice, and spices if using..
- TOMATOES & PEPPERS: cut tops so not completely removed, but remain as a lid flap. Scoop out centres. Chop up tomato centres and add to rice mix..
- COURGETTE: cut courgette into half or thirds. Scoop out centres. Chop up the centres and add to rice mix..
- ONIONS: before peeling the onions, bash and roll the onions on a hard surface to soften the layers. Top and tail. Then cut a slit lengthways just to the centre of each onion. Carefully pull the layers apart..
- Half fill each vegetable with the rice mix. Layer the veg into a rice cooker or pot first putting the peppers and courgettes, then onions and tomatoes and finely the spinach. Ensure the veg is snuggly arranged. Any spare rice mix can be tucked into gaps between the veg and laid over the top..
- Mix the remaining tamarind water with 1 cup of water and pour over the veg. (Water should reach halfway up the pot. It doesn't need to cover the veg.) Turn on rice cooker and let it cook till it turns off. Allow to sit for a further 10mins or so..
- Serve with plain or minted yogurt, and/or some hummus..
It's not that it's difficult; its just time consuming. That's the classic Iraqi style, but dolma shapeshifts into different forms depending on country and region. Turkey has a diverse family of stuffed dishes—one is called sarma (from the Turkish word. Find iraqi dolma stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. Thousands of new, high-quality pictures added every day.