Kimbap (Korean seaweed rice rolls). Gimbap (김밥) is a Korean seaweed rice roll filled with a variety of delicious fillings. Gim is dried sheets of seaweed, and bap means rice. Try them yourself and be prepared to fall in love with these delicious Korean rice rolls.
Bite sized little rice and vegetable goodies are savory, nutty and delicious! Kimbap, one of Korea's most popular snacks, can have all sorts of fillings; this very classic version is a great place to start. One of the biggest challenges for the first-time kimbap maker is finding all of the ingredients. You can have Kimbap (Korean seaweed rice rolls) using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kimbap (Korean seaweed rice rolls)
- You need 2.5 cups of cooked rice.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sesame oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of toasted sesame seeds.
- You need 2.5 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of cucumber.
- You need 1 of carrot.
- Prepare 5 of long slices of pickled radish.
- You need 5 of long slices of luncheon meat/ham.
- It’s 5 of perilla leaves (optional).
- It’s 3 of large eggs.
- You need 2 sheets of fish cake.
- It’s 5 of dried seaweed sheets.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of olive oil.
The pickled daikon (danmuji in Korean) can come as a whole pickled radish that needs to. This recipe for kimbap (Korean seaweed rice rolls) is my mother's. These Korean seaweed rice rolls are very versatile. They are a perfect finger food, so it's great for a meal-on-the-go.
Kimbap (Korean seaweed rice rolls) instructions
- Cut the carrot into small pieces. Oil the pan with 1 tbsp olive oil on medium heat, and lightly sauté the carrots..
- Oil the pan with another tbsp of olive oil. Beat the eggs and make a flat omelette on the pan..
- Oil the pan with another tbsp of olive oil. Cut the fish cake into thin, one-inch strips and lightly sauté them..
- Slice the cucumber, pickled radish, eggs, and luncheon meat/ham into thin strips as shown below. Cut the perilla leaves in half, if using..
- Add sesame oil, sesame seeds, and salt to the cooked rice and mix thoroughly..
- Wrap a bamboo mat or a sheet of aluminum foil with a plastic wrap, and place a sheet of seaweed laver on top of the mat. Spread about 1/2 cup of rice evenly on the sheet, and lay all the ingredients at the bottom half of the sheet..
- As if rolling a sleeping bag, carefully roll it up starting from the bottom, tucking the ingredients into the roll as you go. When a roll has been formed, squeeze gently for it to hold shape..
- Slice it into bite-sized rolls. Enjoy!.
You can also feed a person or a crowd at a party, depending on how many you want to make. Kimbap is Korean Seaweed Rice Roll that is made with seasoned rice and various veggies and meat that's rolled in dried seaweed (kim). Gather all ingredients and now we are ready to make some kimbap! Ingredients for Korean Kimbap or Gimbap Roll (Rice rolled in dried seaweed). Kimbap are Korean rice rolls that look a lot like sushi.