Tteokbokki (spicy rice cake).
You can have Tteokbokki (spicy rice cake) using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tteokbokki (spicy rice cake)
- Prepare 200 g of cylindrical tteok (rice cake).
- You need 150 g of eo-muk (fish cake).
- Prepare 1/8 head of small cabbage (optional).
- Prepare 1/4 of small carrot (optional).
- You need 1 cup of chopped spring onion (optional).
- Prepare 1 of small onion (optional).
- Prepare 2 of boiled eggs (optional).
- Prepare 500 ml of water.
- Prepare 1.5 tbsp of gochujang (chili paste).
- It’s 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 2.5 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of minced garlic.
Tteokbokki (spicy rice cake) step by step
- Gather the ingredients..
- Pour 500 ml of water in a large saucepan on high heat..
- Add chili paste, chili powder, soy sauce, sugar, and minced garlic to the pan and mix well..
- Chop the vegetables into bite-size and add them to the saucepan..
- When it starts to simmer, add the rice cake and fish cake to the pan..
- When it starts to boil, add the spring onion and boiled egg, if using..
- Reduce the heat to medium and let it boil for about 8-10 minutes, until the sauce slightly thickens. Serve hot..