Iranian Halva Dessert.
You can have Iranian Halva Dessert using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Iranian Halva Dessert
- Prepare 250 g of wheat flour.
- Prepare 200 g of sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of saffron.
- It’s 1 cup of rosewater.
- You need 1 tablespoon of pistachios, crushed.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of almonds, crushed.
Iranian Halva Dessert instructions
- In a saucepan, dilute the sugar in ½ cup of water, bring to a boil then stir in the rosewater and saffron. Turn off the heat, and keep the sugar syrup warm..
- In another saucepan, heat the vegetable oil, add in the flour and stir over low heat..
- When the flour is golden and starts to thicken, reduce the heat and slowly add in the sugar syrup while constantly stirring..
- When the flour is completely dissolved in the syrup and the mix turns into a thick and smooth paste, remove from heat quickly and leave to cool for a few minutes..
- Before the halva paste cools completely, spread it evenly in a serving platter using the back of a spoon..
- Sprinkle the halva with the pistachios and almonds.Let cool..
- Cut into pieces and serve cold..