Smothered chicken or pork chops (shown with pork chops).
You can have Smothered chicken or pork chops (shown with pork chops) using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Smothered chicken or pork chops (shown with pork chops)
- Prepare pack of Chicken thighs or boneless pork chops family size.
- Prepare 1/2 – 1 tbsp of seasoning.
- You need To taste of Garlic powder.
- Prepare To taste of Black pepper.
- You need To taste of Cayenne.
- You need To taste of Tony’s or other creole seasoning.
- It’s 1/2-1 of bell pepper (depending on size).
- You need 1/2 of onion.
- Prepare of Minced Garlic.
- Prepare 2-3 of stalk’s celery.
- It’s 1 tbsp of flour.
- You need As needed of Olive oil or vegetable oil (enough to coat the bottom of the pan).
- It’s Approx 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Kitchen bouquet.
Smothered chicken or pork chops (shown with pork chops) step by step
- Make a a Glass of wine or drink of choice because why not!.
- Season your meat WELL and set to the side.
- Chop onions, bell pepper, celery and combine with minced garlic (fresh or jar).
- Fry seasoned meat in oil in large skillet until browned on both sides then remove from pan and set aside.
- Using the drippings in the pan sauté the vegetables and add a little water to keep them moist (anything stuck to the pan will come up in this step).
- Once sauted and soft, add remainder of water and then stir in 1 tbsp of flour and mix until slightly thick and then add kitchen bouquet and mix until desired color.
- Add meat back into mixture and cover continue to cook on low heat until meat is tender. (Note you can also transfer to dutch oven or pan and bake which I think is easiest).
- Add more seasoning to taste if needed and voila!.
- Serve over white rice and enjoy with a side vegetable like green beans!.